Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Last Last Show





Just weeks before (Lee) Alexander Mcqueen sadly took his own life, he created a masterpiece. The last collection that Mcqueen will ever design, fall/winter 2010, was definetly one of his best. Some really wearable pieces and real creativity beyond our time. This is some next level shit right here. Some of the pieces actually have digital art woven straight into the fabrics. Most of the models donned mohawks and over all the show was really solemn. It was also done in a much more intimate setting than your typical runway show. I leave you now with a quote from Mcqueen. xx


“People always ask if I think about a concept or the show or the front row or whatever first. No! F**k off! The client comes first! The collection is driven by what clients want in different parts of the world, so I want them to be able to see it straight away and to judge it for themselves. Well I just think that which celebrities are wearing it, what reviews say—none of it matters if it’s all there for people to make their own minds up. I’m 40 now, but I want this to be a company that lives way beyond me, and I believe that customers are more important to making that happen than press. When I’m dead, hopefully this house will still be going. On a spaceship. Hopping up and down above the earth.” -Alexander McQueen in Love Spring/Summer 2010 Issue



Sneakers from Mcqueen's spring/summer collection DIY!! love these!

No comments:

Post a Comment